5 Tips Before Selling Your House For Street Appeal
If you’re expecting or hoping to put your house on the market anytime soon you need to pay attention to the street appeal and the different ways of increasing value without having to empty your pockets. Street appeal refers to everything prospective buyers see as they drive up to your home, it includes the street, your lawn and gardens, the overall state of the front of your house, your porch and even driveway. If the front of your house looks messy or overgrown you can almost guarantee that that’s a sure fire way of having people turn away before even walking through the front door. If you’re looking at selling, have a quick read through our blog to see if there’s anything we can do for you.
Here are Five Tips to Get Started
1) Pressure cleaning hard surfaces. Removing built up dirt and grime from driveways, fences, exterior walls and garage doors is a great way of adding easy value to your property. Pressure cleaning provides a clean finished look to everything and helps with the overall appeal. Have a look at the after photo for reference.
2) Weed management. Remove weeds, dead plants, and debris. Weeds are one of the biggest enemies of a healthy garden. They compete with plants for water, nutrients, sunlight, and space. If left unchecked, weeds can quickly overtake your garden. To keep them under control, you need to remove them as soon as possible. At 1300 4 Gardening it is one of our major practices to keep weeds to an absolute minimum. We have quite a few different yet effective ways of weed management, for more information follow the link to our website.
3) Trimming trees, shrubs and hedges and mowing the lawn. It is fairly obvious that even just simply mowing and whipping your lawns and cutting back overgrown shrubs and trees is an effective way of adding value.
4) Another major way that is often overlooked is by adding some mulch into your gardens then the possibility of adding colorful plants. Mulching doesn’t just provide the added benefit of visual appeal but also has a few other important features. Such as; weed prevention, soil/earth erosion prevention, moisture retention meaning you can reduce watering by up to 60% and finally, mulch is an extremely low maintenance item, meaning once it’s laid in your garden bed you’ll most likely never have to touch it again.
Plant flowers and bushes. If you want to add value to your home, consider planting flowers or edible plants. Many people think that flowers are expensive, but there are plenty of free options available which will add tenfold the amount of attention your property receives. Flowers and edibles are always a suitable option for adding value because of the many benefits that they bring not just to your gardens but eventually your pockets. Not only will these plants provide you with fresh produce throughout the year, but they also attract beneficial insects and birds to your garden.
5) The last piece of advice would be a final clean up on the day, usually a few hours prior to the open house. This may include cleaning out your gutters or removing leaves and sticks from hard surfaces by blowing down or sweeping areas such as driveways, patios and walkways or vacuuming your house, cleaning window frames and windows or even replacing things that need replacing . If you’re able to do at least some of the things listed above as well as a few small jobs on the day to help create a neat and tidy state, you can be sure your house will stand out on the block in a positive way!
We’re all short on time and undertaking a deep yard clean can seem like an impossible job when juggling a busy life so instead of dealing with the stresses of it all, contact us today for a free quote and see how we can do it all for you. Don’t just take our word for it, have a read of the review below which was given to us from one of our many happy customers who was in need of a full garden clean up prior to handing back the keys.
“Mark and his team have just finished up here and I just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the job they did.
Apart from arriving on time and parking on the Street so that our driveway was still accessible, the job they did was exceptional.
I have just been outside to see if I needed to do any clean-up and found that the yard was tidier than it was before they started. They also looked after our neighbours in that regard.
What a breath of fresh air to experience such great customer service in this day and age. Kudos to the whole team. We will definitely be using you again.”
We hope that these tips will help you in your future endeavours with selling or even just sprucing up your home. If you’d like more information or would like to get in contact with us, head over to our website to see how we can help you!